Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Why do poor people have kids?

I just don’t understand? I’m a poor guy too and can barely take care of myself with the money I make. I don’t even want to imagine having a kid while making $16 an hour. Yet all my coworkers have kids or multiple kids. And half of them are single or not with the original dad/mother. They all seem miserable because they are forced to work for an extra mouth to feed. I never quite see rich people have as much kids as poor people. Why bring yourself to 18 years of torture if you can’t afford them? I’ve always made sure to wear protection first as I’m scared of having kids. It’s not that hard to think of consequences. I even avoided two single women who really liked me with kids because of fear of obligations. I feel bad, but at the end of the day, I’m gonna have to take care of them as well, if I do proceed to be with them. 

• T J

Finally a young person with some brains and common sense. You are a very smart guy. You are going to do well in life. I hope you are getting a good education, because you have it right, and you will do well in any career you chose. Just be careful, there are some very sneaky women out there, that will pin hole a condom to get you. This way when you are in the act, it will open up more and guess who is a new baby daddy. Never use a condom that you did not have on your person the whole time, until ready for use. Some even use a double, to be sure.   Good luck

Limited finances. Families in poverty, particularly those who make their living through agriculture, may have more kids as a way of supporting the family's livelihood. Children are often tasked with chores like walking to collect water, gardening, field work and animal care, even when they're very young.

Poor people in general tend to make reckless choices.