Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsHorses · 3 months ago

Why do horse riders keep letting there horses take big poops on my lawn every week like it's no big deal?

I've been to the barn asking them to stop letting the horses poop in my yard as they walk past or to clean up the poop but they just keep pooping all the time on my grass, driveway, and even by the mailbox. I've tryed to reason with the riders and the stable owner but they just tell me what I want to hear and forget about it. I just don't know what to do next, the stable has been extra busy lately probably cause of covid so the riders are out and about all the time. I swear the horses wait till my yard to let the poop go like clock work! I'm about 800 feet from the stable they leave from so why not let the horse poop before they leave the stable instead of on my grass every day?  I just can't get thru to these horse people, they don't care at all....... What should I do? 

Green 666 by isotope rays is NOT forgivable; it leads to permanent hell. 666 is given with World Passport with no name on it (grey plastic card). Police 666 people on highways. Food stores and prisoners/insane asylum folks (released by the antichrist) 666 people too. Reject vaccines. Don't go into UFO to be healed by demons. Hide with Orthodox Christians to escape 666; leave all electronics behind so that antichrist's minions can't track you; burn documents as documents are from Satan.

Source(s): Money will be electronic. Gov't will say someone lost their card or it was stolen; now, they have "solution" aka "mark of the beast system"... because no one will steal your hand/forehead. Remember Book of Revelation says: mark of the beast = permanent hell; forgive me.

I don't see the big deal, horses poo where and when they want. I ride the side of the road with my horse all the time and she is a massive pooper, it would be just about impossible for me to dismount and clean up poop every time she poops on a ride. Some times I can keep her moving so she spreads out the poo and some times she just stops and says here's a good spot! Usually in front of some ones house, oh well sorry!  

• Jas B

How the world changes, when I was a kid we still had the occasional horse drawn cart delivering goods and the rag and bone man whose horse would regularly come around.

When one of these horses pooped it would be a fun to see which one of the neighbours could get out with their shovel first and scoop up the poop to put on their roses or other garden plants.  

Obviously if your not a keen gardener or there is a lot of it I can see this answer would not work and it could be a problem.

I am afraid you cannot predict when your horse is going to poop, any more than you can a baby, I say this as someone who had my own horse/s for over 20 years.

Maybe some sort of fence or hedge is the answer. 

Put up a fence around your property with a locked gate, and post No Trespassing signs on the fence. And next time anyone rides his or her horse across your yard or property, call the cops on him or her and have the rider charged with trespassing. All it will take is one case of this to get the message across that you don't want people riding on your land, and your problem will be solved.

Pinwheels maybe! Horses hate them.

You can always try posting clean up after your horse or this access will be closed.  Those signs do work, we had the same problem with a stable near us and we fenced the lawn for two weeks as a warning.  The stable made sure someone came over to pick those road apples before the end of the day.  We left the access open.

• CB

Fence off your yard along the front. Doesn't need to be an expensive or high fence just something to keep them off the lawn. The big orange hardware stores sells little white sections of picket fence that should do the trick.

• Snezzy

That's valuable fertilizer, especially (as Verulam suggests) for your rosebushes. You must pick it up and put it into a pile where it can ripen a bit. Get it before someone comes along and steals it from you.

Oh, and if you don't have enough rosebushes, plant some.

Use it for any plants/shrubs you have.   My father used to go out and pick up after the milk cart horse (this was back in the mist of time) to feed his roses.   It's a family joke that, seeing this in our garden, I hurried in and said 'dad, there's been a horse in our garden'.

But how are these horses getting INTO your yard?   In any case, there are worse droppings!!   As for having a BM before leaving the stables - all too often EXERCISE causes a BM.