What causes constipation?
- NatashaLv 71 month ago
Different things can cause it:-
- lack of dietary fiber, typically from not eating enough fruits, vegetables and whole grain foods like brown pasta, wholemeal bread and brown rice.
- not drinking enough, leading to dehydration.
- being physically inactive.
- eating too much in the way of foods which are known to cause constipation like excess amounts of sugar, hard boiled eggs, white bread and cheese.
- resisting the urge to go to the loo when you need to.
- dietary changes, especially if they're sudden
- mental health problems like depression or anxiety.
- VivianLv 51 month ago
Common lifestyle causes of constipation include:
-) Eating foods low in fiber
-) Not drinking enough water (dehydration)
-) Not getting enough exercise
-) Changes in your regular routine, such as traveling or eating or going to bed at different times
- 1 month ago
Looking at my face
- T JLv 61 month ago
Many times its a poor diet.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous1 month ago
Sometimes it can be a reaction to medication. For example, Joe Biden takes a number of strong medications to combat his dementia. His assistants have said he suffers from terrible constipation and sometimes they have to spend hours with him in the bathroom.
- 1 month ago
Eating foods low in fiber. Not drinking enough water (dehydration). Not getting enough exercise. Changes in your regular routine, such as traveling or eating or going to bed at different times.
- BarryLv 61 month ago
Lack of roughage in diet, Eat lots of fruit and fibre and your gut will gradually improve.
Castor oil used sparingly can also get you going.