I have been cornered and shut out of group of friends I hang out with. ?

A group of about 8 girls have decided to take me out of their group, the don’t invite me anywhere they don’t  hang with me anymore and they all avoid me like a plague. I have done nothing to them. Now they are on my social media but I feel if I delete them then they will never talk to me again. I’m stuck as what to do because a part of me don’t want to ever hang with them after the way they have treated me. They are happy to hang with my cousin but not me.

• Carmen

A true friend is not there sometimes but is there all the times through the good and bad and doesn’t turn their back ok you to be popular with others. Have you spoken to them to see why they are avoiding you? The good thing about having free will it allows you to choose what’s best for you. Pray for courage to move on if needed and find some true friends who will accept you for just being you. Keep a calm heart and peace your peace of mind. 

These kind of girls aren't real friends, in fact, they sound like bullies. I know people like that when I was younger, and it's like a power-game to them, but you can refuse to play along.

I'd say your gut reaction about not wanting to ever hang out with them again is right on the money. Because why should you put up with that kind of treatment? You're worth more than that, and you deserve better.So yeah, why not just delete them from social media? And then go out there and find better friends.

I can't imagine that you have no idea why they're doing this. Why not ASK them? It might be a simple misunderstanding that you can clear up in three minutes.

Don't do anything drastic before you know what's going on.

Maybe your cousin threw you under the bus somehow.

You need to delete them. Odds are they are just using you to get ahead like my friends used me in Hilliard, OH and Dublin, OH. They still are. They blame me for everything, shut me out of everything, ex-communicated me out of everything, then expect me to be a slave for my mother, while they stole my business ideas and accreditations for my work in the business world and the arts and even the religious world. So it is best to delete them and find friends whom love the same things you love and actually support you and will stand behind you. 

• MJ B

All right, just from personal experience, let me give you some advice (it's long, I'm a writer so of course things can't be simple):  

1)

It could all be in your head

. - Let me elaborate. There are times I thought I was being excluded. I suffer from low self-esteem, anxiety, and depression. It gets hard because sometimes my mind makes me think things that aren't actually true. First, you should sit down and really think about this. Are they

really 

excluding you or is it you pulling away because in your head they are treating you differently? If you feel that may be the case, and you are close to a specific person in the group, ask that one friend to hang out somewhere you are comfortable and talk to them. Let them know how you feel. True friends won't invalidate your feelings, they'll support you as best they can and try to be mindful of things in the future.

Now, if you've taken a look inward and you don't think it's something your mind is doing to you...

2) It could be a sign to move on. -Sure it's nice to hang out with people you've gotten along with, but sometimes things change. It's not always in our control. The dynamic shifts, the attitudes change, and it's a sign you are growing and moving on. I've had it happen multiple times where I've looked up one day and just....felt that shift. Like my friends no longer wanted me to be a part of a group I had been a part of for years. And it hurt. Man, it hurt like hell.But I realized that in order to move forward, I needed to let them go. Stick to the happy memories you have and move on, kind of like you would with an ex. Give yourself time to heal and don't resent them for it. This would be a great time to focus on you and to follow new opportunities. Focus on your own hobbies and in doing so you'll find new friends. People with the same interests.Personal Experience Incoming: I had a friend of 10 years I considered my best friend in the whole world. I never thought it would change, and with that friend, our circle grew to more people. It wasn't until a while later I noticed the first subtle hint of change starting to wedge between our friendship. And I wanted so much to cling to it (I knew if it went away, I'd lose my best friend and several others).I went above and beyond, went out of my way, made myself available for every little last-minute invite they sent to me, was the first to jump at favors... and was still met with this ever-growing space of feeling unwanted.I'd find out about plans being made when someone accidentally brought it up during hangouts (there are few things worse than a pity invite in my honest opinion).I'd find out about private chats with the group that I wasn't privy to, and when they realized they let it slip, they'd invite me to join, only for the chat to go dead a few days later. I watched my friend put another person they just met on a pedestal I couldn't hope to reach (this new friend was great, and to this day I consider her a good friend of mine. This was not on her at all, I just feel like it is comparable to how you are feeling in regards to your cousin).I realized, somewhere in the futile attempts of hanging on to a deteriorating friendship, that I deserved better. Just as you deserve better. That I wanted better in my friends. I pulled away slowly, just to test to see if my absence would be noticed. Telling you it sucked to find out that it wasn't doesn't even begin to cover it. So I pulled away more. I had a few friends from the group reach out to me in concern and, to this day, I still see them on occasion, but my best friend never once reached out. And, eventually, I stopped answering the afterthought invitations and last-minute rush to find another body to fill a spot they never intended for me in the first place.I unfriended them over time (like a bandaid you don't quite want to rip off but you know you have to), and out of our group of seven, three reached out to me in concern ( two are still good friends of mine I see on occasion).I am happy to say that I have found another best friend and a new group. One that made me realize that the friends from before were never meant to be my friends for life. They were just a stone in a long cobbled path I needed to move on from in order to find my true friends waiting down the road. You'll know it when you find them. So cherish the memories you made with them, but keep moving forward. You'll find that the grass really is greener on the other side. 

First of all, You should analyze yourself and see if you had done them something wrong because it's extremely weird that apparently "8 friends of yours" stop talking to you out of nowhere, I tell you this due to the fact that we stir up people's feelings without knowing it sometimes by speaking things that it seems not a "big deal", but for other people it is. My advice is that you should talk to them and ask them for an explanation about why they shunned you and cornered you. 

In the end. If they don't want to talk to you anymore, simply, let them go and look for other friends who love you and respect you.

A big hug.

• art

phone one of them and ask if you have done something to offend her and her friends - be nice and polite and dont start an arguement if she tell you something that you didnt want to hear about yourself

• Liz

(Proverbs 18:24) "There are companions ready to crush one another, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."

Perhaps you should look for better friends.

Have you really no idea why they have ALL shunned you?  Study yourself.  Were you pushy or nasty to them?  It's weird that 8 separate 'friends' have suddenly dumped you.  I can well understand and sympathise with you not wanting any more to do with them ever again.  So don't attempt to 'hang' with them again.  Go your own way.  You don't have to block them or delete them off social media.  Just don't follow them or look at them or respond to anything they put on their media.  You have outgrown this group relationship so widen your circle of friends and find new people to talk with and eventually 'hang' with.  You don't have to discuss this with any of this original 8.  It's nobody's business but your own.  The fact they are still friends with your cousin is of no consequence at all.  Just as it's of no consequence to them who else you become friends with.