Poll: Should they give out stiffer fines and jail sentences to drunk drivers?

Favorite Answer

Yes they should. Because drink driving can kill

• F

They are generally quite severe in the UK, especially as you will pay a fortune in insurance after your van finishes.

What annoys me is they say using your phone is a dangerous, but the fines are minimal.

Yes they should! 

When a drunk driver is a repeat offender, even after losing drivers license, it shows something surely isn't working!

I think they should hun.

• clare

Yes they should , they are putting innocent peoples lives at risk

Not really something I've thought about much, but the existing punishments seem OK to me (although the US's medieval prison system obviously leaves room for improvement). My guess is that if somebody does it despite those penalties (in addition to the risk of a serious accident) what's at work is some combination of a) they figure they won't get pulled over, and b) they're not thinking straight at all.

I did happen to look at the rationalwiki page for Mothers Against Drunk Driving the other day and I found it amusing.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Mothers_Against_Drun...

No, because I like drink driving.

• Rick

I think so, yes ................................