Anonymous

Do whites really have more privileges than other groups here in America ?

35 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

The term White Privilege is still used by racists who are just mad that white people still have some relevance in the country. They wish white people should disappear even faster. 

Nobody complains about jewish privilege in Israel, Latino privilege in Dominic republic or Black privilege in Haiti.

This white privilege narrative is gaining traction in Europe as well. That is whites get for being generous in immigration and allowing other races to settle in their countries. 

Also, there is no single definition of white privilege. 

If you point out that asians earn more, then they will say wealth is not privilege. But not having to face racism is. But again that argument fails as well. They say cops do not stop you, clerks do not follow you in the stores etc etc. But why are these same problems NOT experienced by Asians ? If the system is set up in such a way that only whites can succeed and live a comfortable life in the country, why are other races not facing those problems ? 

This country is not just black and white anymore as it used to be. At least 25 percent of the country is Asian and Hispanic and they do not complain and whine about white privilege like blacks do. It almost looks like asians and Hispanics have that privilege too 

That means the term “WHITE privilege" is a misnomer. 

The marxist left needs some ways to keep blaming white people. The liberal academia infiltrated by people like Tim Wise hates white people. That is where all this garbage comes from.

• 1 month ago

Not really. Cops will happily kill us as soon as they kill black people.

The most privileged group (Who is the sole cause of all the crap befalling both blacks and whites) in America are the Jews. 

• Rick
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

nope, Lady Justice is blindfolded JUST for that reason.

• Tom
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No---I am white, and I have heard Blacks and black friends complain about the "aggravations" they have to go through every day, "just because they are black" ---It's ALL BS!----Its nothing but the SAME NORMAL social BS I go through as a white person.  But I cannot claim "it is because I am white"

None of this has ANYTHING to do with RACE----Truth is, not everyone likes each other and often prioritize THEMSELVES FIRST.    Also SOME people are AS*HOLES (perhaps even ourselves) some are richer, some are poorer, some are wise and others are stupid, etc.  And our interactions cause minor conflicts we encounter EVERY DAY.  as white people we cannot explain it and do not chalk it up to RACE---We are simply USED to it and don't let it bother us too much, except in extreme cases.

Society has, however, given Blacks and some Minorities an EXCUSE for these mysterious, apparently without cause, "slights" against them ---A previous History of real discrimination and current political manipulations combine to make many Blacks think the normal "bumps" in daily life are because of RACISIM, when they are not----They are the stuff everybody goes through in life---Us white people are just so used to it as being, simply, "LIFE", we normally ignore it ourselves.

I have read actor interviews from black actors who have played "White People" in films, (Dick Gregory, Eddie Murphy, etc.) and then walked around anomalously in public in disguise.  They were shocked.  They "felt invisible", "alone" , etc.  There was none of this Having a "connection" with others because of race in mainstream society, etc. And an as*hole is still treated as an as*hole., etc.------We whites have gotten used to it----

--I cannot blame blacks for blaming social slights stuff we can't explain, on racism, as they can't explain it in other ways.  We whites cant use racism as a reason so we just chalk it up as LIFE.  But good news---A Black who accepted by society should not see the slights as racism, but a sign of acceptance by society as such things are NORMAL for everyone. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

According to liberals, Central American migrants have more privileges than all American citizens.

• garry
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

yes  havent you heard i have a harem of wifes , slaves to feed me grapes , servants to do things for me , yes we have more privileges

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

All people are not born equal.

White babies have the privilege of being statistically less likely to be born underweight.

White children have the privilege of being statistically less likely to live in poverty.

White children have the privilege of being statistically less likely to live in hunger.

White children have the privilege of being statistically less likely to live in a single-parent home.

White adults have the privilege of being statistically less likely to be unemployed.

White adults have the privilege of being statistically more likely to be represented in high paying jobs.

White adults have the privilege of being statistically more likely to be represented in government.

White adults have the privilege of being statistically more likely to be upwardly mobile.

White adults have the privilege of being statistically less likely to be denied a home loan.

Just a few examples.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Since the oppression victimizes minorities, the lack of being oppressed looks like privilege by contrast. It's in the eye of the beholder. Anyone who thinks it's equal opportunity/treatment across the board is nuts. America is "racism heavy" especially when one includes implicit bias. People rarely admit their racism so there's no way to know if it's exception or rule. I only know by behavior there's way too much.

• 1 month ago

No all people are created equal. It’s what people think about equal and people’s thinking has nothing to with what’s equal. All people are equal whether you think so or not. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No.   Whites are not granted any benefits over other races.  Kamala Harris  however proposes black privileges including 100 billion in mortgage assistance just for blacks. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.