Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Atheists, are you getting ready for this year's war on Christmas ?

Its only 2 months away

• Doc

You see any baby Jesus, in the parks yet ? Happy Holiday !

Sure!  Which side are you on?

Are you dreaming of a Covid Christmas?

• Cogito

War?  Most of us enjoy Xmas as much as anyone else.  Okay, we don't do the religious stuff, but we do the rest the same.  This year it's going to be rather quiet, but we'll still send cards, but gifts, decorate the house, have a roast turkey dinner, Xmas pud (I'm in the UK) and mince pies etc.

We certainly don't have any sort of 'war' on Xmas.  We really enjoy it!

I was unaware that respecting other religion's celebrations of the winter solstice was a war on the main religion of western culture.  

I do find it funny that the tradition started by the medieval church. i.e. writing Xmas or Xtian,  is now considered as being part of this imaginary war.  It simply underlines how ignorant most Xtians are and how they are more concerned about their rights while not caring about anyone else's.

To quote the great Christian First Lady; "Who gives a f*ck about Christmas stuff".

If it satisfies your yearning for being a poor persecuted martyr, go nuts. You have no idea how indifferent I am about religious holy days.

• ::Brushes up my armory:: time for another atheist butt whoopin

Trump says that if Biden wins, there will be no more Christmases.

THERE IS NO WAR...they will still eat the goodies with their families bet on that.

We trekked into a large Home Depot store and went to the Outdoor/Nursery section. Christmas is obviously on display with Christmas high tech, LED lighted, remote controlled, indoor trees. Some even play “Jingle Bell” music. A display of “Blown up Balloons” of Snowmen, Santas, Reindeer, Grinches, Santas, Mrs Santas, Penguins, Disney’s Minnie and Mickey, Sleigh bells a giant Minion with goggles… A huge tent outside was set up to display, package real live Christmas trees trucked from northern climbs.  

But no God stuff, No Jesus stuff.