Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

Should I go brunette for a while?

Since I was born a dark blonde, I have never had dark hair. I have been platinum, though. Would I look good? Otherwise, I have hazel eyes and medium tan. I am curious for a darker shade. 

I think you should stick with blonde 

• kelvin

the color you have now is fine

I personally think you'll quickly become tired of dark hair because your fair skin tone and pale eye color will be overwhelmed by the darker hair color. Before you dye try changing your hair color with Photoshop or one of those hair color apps. Or go to a place that sells extensions and hold them up to your face. Try several shades from darker brown to lighter brown. You'll soon find what does and doesn't work. To try the color get one of those temporary colors that wash out after several washings. That way if you hate the color it will wash out. I would reccomended using semi permanent dyes rather than permanent so when you do get tired of the brown it's easier to remove.

And trust me, I'm a natural blonde and thought I would like to have dark hair. I looked okay at first but after a while I wanted my blonde hair back. After three unsuccessful bleachings I ended up with a brush cut because the bleach wrecked my hair and did nothing to the dye. The hair person said bleaches can't always remove stubborn drug store box dyes. Basically, learn from my fail -see how you look first and have an exit strategy if the brown doesn't work out.