Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

Could asbestos leaking from the cracked popcorn ceiling?

The inspection showed that the ceiling of my house is asbestos. (chrysotile 5%, amosite 2%) There are nail holes and cracks in the ceiling of our pancon. Could this be asbestos spilling right now?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/76968959823...

This picture is after I spray paint. So think of it as before you spray paint.

I can not speak English very well. Sorry if you have any discomfort in understanding.

Sometimes I'm worried and .

Sometimes I'm worried and don't want to breathe at home.

• adam

asbestos is only dangerous if its dried and friable. You have nothing to fear.

not enough to be concerned about -- grampa

The risk is way way overblown. Only people who worked with raw asbestos for years suffered any effects. If your that worried dab some paint on the spots to seal it.

So go to either home Depot or go to Lowe's and get yourself a can of popcorn spray put yourself a paper filter mask on to protect yourself from the nuisance dust and shoot a little bit of the popcorn repair on any place where it's cracked or there's a nail hole end of story. And if you spray paint over asbestos it helps to seal it asbestos is not poisonous it's not radioactive it doesn't put out poison gas it's only a danger if you liberate it as a dust if it scares you that much go get yourself a last American spray paint and spray paint the ceiling with the elastomeric paint