I could use a warm bed quilt for cold winter nights but I fell suffocated when they're always too heavy. Any recommendations for a nice one ?

• L

Use what ever you want............once you get into bed - your body heat will keep you warm.

I vote for the duvet. They're especially good because you can easily remove the filling to launder the cover. 

If you're allergic to down, there are synthetic down fillers in different weights - maybe even heavier one for winter, lighter one for summer. Check The Company Store for options. 

look online a quilt is warm but not big

• T-half

I like synthetic down comforters.  Ikea has several fillings, with several thicknesses.  

Then there are duvet covers that surround the comforters.  

It's surprising to me how warm two thin sheets (duvet) can make the comforter so much warmer. 

I had heavy covers, so this is the combination I use.

If it gets really cold I add a throw-style electric blanket.  It's not full size so just adds a little more warmth. 

You don't need to buy from Ikea, but can read the different types and use it for research. 

Get some fleece sheets....warm and cozy.

Forego a quilt altogether and buy a duvet instead. A duvet is a down feather filled comforter. They are very light weight and incredibly warm. They come in several choices, depending on how much warmth you desire. A duvet should have a duvet cover, which is much like a huge pillow case to keep the duvet clean. Top sheets are perfect to make a duvet cover.

Source(s): Overstock.com TheCompanyStore.com Wayfair.com

Use a down comforter. They are light and not heavy, but extremely warm. 

Turn up your thermostat. You won’t need a quilt that weighs a ton.

• drip

Get An electric blanket. They are usually Valour or fleece and very light weight.

Shop at Bed, Bath and Beyond.