How quickly would it take for a UTI to develop into a kidney infection? ?

I’ve been having UTI symptoms(frequent painful urination, bloating, blood in pee) since this morning however I’m unable to get a doctors appointment til tomorrow at the earliest, is it dangerous to wait this long? 

A UTI is detected by a urinalysis but the important part is that the specimen be sent for a culture and sensitivity test.  That will identify the bacteria causing the infection and also what antibiotic it is sensitive to.  In other words, if your doctor just phones in a prescription without a culture there isn't even a confirmation that it truly is a UTI and the doctor has no idea what antibiotic to order for you.  A good doctor will not order an antibiotic without these tests. It's normal for it to take a couple of days to get the results of these test back.  In the meantime drink lots of water to flush as much of the infection out as possible.  There is also over the counter medication to help with the discomfort until you can get on an antibiotic.  Ask your pharmacist if you aren't sure what it is already.

• J

You’ll be fine. Just drink water to keep things flowing. Go to the doctor asap. If you can’t get an appointment in the next couple days, go to urgent care or ask your doc if they can just write you a script. If you start getting a fever, sore kidneys, or throwing up, go to urgent care. UTIs are pretty easily diagnosable, even without giving a urine sample. I had one and I just called my doctors office and spoke to a nurse. They sent a 5 day bactrim script to my pharmacy and the UTI cleared right up.

• Tavy

No, just drink plenty to dilute the infection.

• kelvin

way longer than a day

Chill out, you'll be fine.  A UTI doesn't necessarily turn into a kidney infection and a bacterial infection pretty much anywhere will be treated with a broad spectrum antibiotic.