Search seldom gives answers, just other search engines?

When I search with Yahoo or Google lately it sends me a long list of possible searches using other search engines.  Sometimes the answer I seek is 10-20 items down the list but often none of the what I seek.  

Then if I click on any of the other "answers" it goes on and on like that, never getting to what I seek.  I even try simple easy to find things and it seldom works.  Do I have a bug?

Of course if I use a specific URL that I know works I get to that URL no problem

Thanks for your helpl

• keerok

Clear your browser's history, cache and cookies. Exit the browser, start then try again.

That sound like you have got some redirector malware that fakes results to send you to advertising or sponsored sites.

Run Ccleaner, Malwarebytes antimalware, Superantispyware and Spybot search & destroy; the free versions of each are fine.