Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 1 month ago

i just found out i have stage 1 breast cancer Im not looking for advice but maybe some insights?

I just found out I have stage 1 breast cancer. On November 23rd they want to cut out the cancer and some tissue around it. Then they want to do 6-8 weeks of radiation five days a week. I don’t have a problem with that. They mentioned however, they want me to take a pill every day for five years. The pill they said may cause me to grow facial hair,and fail to lubricate on my own during sex. Obviously I have a bit of a problem with that as I am recently married as was single until I was 40. I am a 43 year old woman. I would take the pill without hesitation if those were the only side effects. They said, its probably more of a garuntee than a side effect, but that I will likely experience bone loss. I have a big problem with that. I was a single obese mom for many years. I am recently married and have recently lost a lot of weight. The thing I love to do is hike. I climb mountains. Will this cancer pill potewntially slow me down. Also on what scale will the medication ill take for five years effect my sexuality. Could I get better with them removing the 8 mm of cancer and some surrounding tissue and taking the two months of radiation without taking the pill?

• Tavy
    Favorite Answer

Some types of this cancer is caused by hormones. The pill will stop the cancer growing back. I'm sure that you can take medication to stop the bone loss,

I would rather take a pill a day than worrying about the cancer coming back.

You really need to talk this over with your specialist.

Do what you are told, when women have died of this it's often because they went against recommendations.