Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Is it bad to stay at my girlfriend's house until after midnight?

The only time I can see my girlfriend is at night from 8 pm because during the day we have other things to do. So I usually go to her house and stay there until after midnight. But there is a catch, she is living at her sister's house, which is also the home of her sister's husband. And as her sister and her husband sleep very early (7:00 pm to 8:00 pm) I sometimes feel awkward, except that I like being with my girlfriend so much that I miss the times sometimes. My parents said it is not good I stay there until that time, I am 25 years old and my girlfriend is 20 years old.

You should skip girlfriends until you can get your own place.  It never works out living with other family.

Get your own place then start dating.

• i + i

It is somewhat inconsiderate, 

specially since it is THEIR home.

• T J

It is a little late, but as long as you are no where close to their bedroom, and you are very quiet. You should be ok.  If you are close to her sister or brother in law, speak to him or her, and ask about it. Its a proper thing to do. Explain why you have to see her late, but you do not want to be a problem to them by staying too late. If not talk to your GF about it. After all you do not want to create a problem for her.   You are a good guy for asking.  I think her family will also like the idea of you asking them.