Internet problems?

my laptop only connects to the internet when I'm downstairs and I'm by the internet box but when I go upstairs I automatically loose connection and my phone connects work only a little bit more than the laptop.I have at&t by the way 

Hope this makes sense ask more questions if u don’t understand please 

A wifi signal coming from your "internet box" (actually called a "router") only travels a distance of about 100 feet (or 30 meters.)  If there are things like walls, a floor, pipes, glass, etc in between the router and your room, that distance is reduced.  Then signal reaching your room is nor strong enough to connect.

Install a range extender.  About $30 - $50, it is a little "box: that you plug into a wall outlet.  You go about half way between the router and you room and plug it into an outlet.  what it will do is connect to the signal coming from the router, amplify it, and rebroadcast it.  That can increase the range of your wifi signal.

Get an app for your phone like wifi SweetSpots, this will show the strength of your wifi signal as you walk around with your phone.

It looks like your wifi signal isn't strong enough when you go upstairs so you need to find out why.

There are lots of things which will interfere with your wifi signal, like metal (RSJ - reinforced steel joist - I have one in my house holding up the ceiling in the kitchen where a load bearing wall was removed), electrical equipment causing interference, wifi signal on the same channel from a neighbour.

So you might have to relocate the router till you get better reception from it.

But, your phone with a wifi tool like that, will help you see a bit better what is going on ...

check the antenna on your router ...

Try  asking a question!

• Bill-M

Your WIFI Signal coming from your ROUTER/MODEM  (internet box) is not strong enough to go through the walls and floors of your house.

You need a WIFI Repeater.