How come malls are closing down?

Every time I click on You Tube channel covering the malls allot of them are closing down. How come

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Because people are shopping online !

• 1 month ago

In SPITE of the BS TRUMP shovels out, we ARE Still in an ECONOMIC crisis! IT costs a LOT of money to keep MALLS open these days! AND with the internet  it is FAR EASIER to SHOP on line than at a MALL where there is MARK-UPS to keep the boat afloat! In DETOROIT we had the HUDSON NORTHLAND mall, The SOUTHLAND mall< The EASTLAND mall! All demoloished for economic reasons!  BUTYIN on line saves YOU a lot of $$$ but is HARDE on the economy! And NOW we have an incurable VIRUS as well so we are nearly ORDERED not to GO OUT ANYWHERE Under legal penalties! 

• 1 month ago

Because people are shopping online now.

• 1 month ago

pandemic ofc odc

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Online shopping is the reason why many malls are closing down. This has been happening over the last couple of decades. You should see why the business landscape has been changing as of late.

Also, the struggling economy-brought on by the pandemic-has hastened the malls' demise.

• 1 month ago

And yet they are still building strip mall shopping centers. Why? You can see where the store is that you want and park fairly close to it. Heck some just park right in front of the store in the fire lane. I believe the rents in the malls are higher to cover the hugeness of the place. Going to the mall means a hike to get to your store. Nobody likes to walk anymore. Too hard when looking at your phone. 

Lv 7
    1 month ago

Malls are old hat, apparently.  Modern Western Civilization is also changing.

• 1 month ago

Corona virus, kinda killed it.  People buy their stuff online now

• Dze
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i dunno .. people shop online more .. i noticed wally world is pushing the online grocery shopping more now to .. its a crazy world we're livin in ..

• Ian
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Cause I made them! No more malls

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.