LGBT: What do you think of islam?

I know a lot of them and they are ok with lgbt

beware the dog who says you must be circumcised to be saved

It's a fine religion. I think they're treated unfairly in the media. I know of many LGBT or queer-affirming Muslims who put Evangelicals to shame. 

I have two grandsons who are Muslim, one Shia and one Sunni. Both are kind and generous men. 

There are a lot of positive things about it, such as zakat, the prohibition on usury and the assumption of original virtue.  Historically, many Islamic societies have also been GSM-affirming.  Although this doesn't seem to be so now, we share the experience of marginalisation in Western societies, meaning that we have the opportunity of solidarity and outreach in both directions.  I have to admit their apparent homophobia and transphobia worry me but I'd like to have some kind of dialogue with them about it.  I have been to inter-faith meetings with Muslims post-transition and it doesn't seem to be a big issue for them in that situation.

• donnie

*LGBTP.           

There are some pro lgbt mosques, but not nearly as many as pro lgbt churches. But they are a growing thing. I have a Muslim friend with benefits and openly gay Muslim friends.  I have met many Muslims who are tolerant of lgbt. I know that gay sex happens a lot in some Muslim societies because some men are able to have multiple wives meaning that other men are then deprived of having even one wife. But I would never travel to a country that observes the strict anti lgbt sharia law because then my life would be at risk. I am scared and offended by the extremists. 

Surah 109 "Al-Kafirun" contains a core message which on its surface seems to be one of reconcilliation with the non-believers(the Disbelievers, Atheists): "to your religion and to me (my) religion." Although often pointed to as an example of religious tolerance, freedom and pluralism, the traditional understanding of the verse in classical commentaries and hadith is altogether different from this more modern understanding.

Say: O unbelievers!I do not serve that which you serve,Nor do you serve Him Whom I serve:Nor am I going to serve that which you serve,Nor are you going to serve Him Whom I serve:You shall have your religion and I shall have my religion.

It's a primitive ideology that has nothing to do with religion.

Muslims should convert to Judaism or Christianity or be forced out of the country.  

I don't think they really believe all the anti-LGBT stuff they say. I think deep down they love me and partner and our blue hair and once we import enough of them and they take over our government, they will be super liberal and everything will be great for us