Is it possible to have Hyperkalemia and high blood pressure at the same time?

I was told that my dad has type 2 diabetes and his other issues is that the doctor told him he has too much potassium in the blood and also has high blood pressue. But I thought that potassium lowers blood pressure. My question is how can this be possible? My guess is that it all comes from not having enough insulin.

There's medication for treating diabetes that can elevate potassium and there's also blood pressure medicine that can elevate potassium.

Potassium is kept at a very narrow blood range and so if one has a low potassium then giving potassium can reduce the BP in some cases of high blood pressure. Having high potassium levels does not normalize high blood pressure.

Acute renal failure is associated with high blood pressure and high potassium levels. There are other renal disorders associated with high potassiums. 

The doctor knows why his potassium is elevated and yes giving shots of insulin can lower potassium levels temporarily.