Is there a female version of a bastard?

My son just had a daughter out of wedlock and I need to make sure I have classified her properly.  I know if she were a man then she would be a bastard, but is there a different name you call a bastard woman?  

19 Answers

Relevance
  • garry
    Lv 5
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

yes we call them our wives .or you can say there an old biddie .

• 1 month ago

The term 'bastard' was typically used as a derogatory term for a male child born out of wedlock back in a time when your lineage was very important for your status in society.

They didn't really have a term for a female child born out of wedlock back then because girls/women didn't have any status - except that which was endowed upon them by their husband.

• 1 month ago

bastardette(it's a little bit europeane

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

In modern times that technical use of 'bastard' has been superseded by its use as a 'ghastly obstreperous person'.  In its older usage 'bastard' was not gender-specific.

Just say that your son has had a daughter.  These days so many children are born out of wedlock that nobody even thinks about it.  In what way do you want to 'classify her properly'?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

According to Oxford dictionary...

(archaic, derogatory) Born of parents not married to each other; illegitimate.

It doesn't actually define a gender in the definition and so can be used for either male or female. However Oxford's dictionary has marked this definition as archaic and derogatory.  In modern times children born out of wedlock tend to be just referred to as children.... plus can you imagine if you start calling that kid a bastard when they get to school and they go to the teacher and say "Teacher my grandma calls me a bastard"... hmmm... could make for some very interesting conversations and explanations!!!

• 1 month ago

She is your granddaughter.  Mic Drop. 

• 1 month ago

what kind of person asks questions like that in the software section of Answers?

• 1 month ago

There be trolls here!!

• John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

>I have classified her properly. 

Got to be alt-right. I suggest you brand her and be done with it.

• 1 month ago

You are correct.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.