Jinx asked in PetsCats · 4 weeks ago

What kind of breed are these kittens?

Last week I found these kittens in a field and took them home with me. I suspect they have tabby in them, but I'm curious what else. They're fluffy and have tufts of hair in their ears.

Yes, I will be taking them to the vet, but until then I would like to hear some theories.

Moggies, I suspect

• PR

Those are absolutely lovely long-haired kittens. The vet may call them DLH (domestic longhair). This constitutes fur length, but not breed. 

Of the longhair breeds that seem to be most likely in many kittens like this may be a bit of Norwegian Forest Cat, or Maine Coon Cat. Since your kittens have not been bred from a registered cat, there could be any longhair breed in their background. Forest Cats have a less rugged look to their face than MCC.

Many cats will have a litter that contains both longhair and short haired kittens. The DNA mixes up and makes what it will. 

These kittens are gorgeous and you are lucky to have them. Keep an eye on the orange one because it seems to have signs of possible "sniffles" on the nose - the little line on top of the nose which may be a bit of mucous (unless that is food he did not lick off his nose). If he shows signs of sniffles or other respiratory issues be sure to contact your vet in that regard. 

DO NOT feed cow's milk, because that can make upper respiratory issues worse. You can also give some Lysine to help their immune systems. Look up: Lysine for cats.

https://www.google.com/search?q=norwegian+forest+c...

Cute kittens.

"I suspect they have tabby in them"

No.   Tabby is NOT a breed.   It describes a coat color/pattern.

Those are regular domestic cats. 

They look ill.   The orange one looks like it has a respiratory illness.    Be sure to get the viral testing done (FeLV/FIV). 

They are generic NO BREED domestic cats.

Cats dont have a breed unless they come from a line of pedigreed breeding.

• Maxi

You found them in a field! Not somewhere a pedigree cat breeder would breed or leave predigree kittens...they are not a breed, they are just mixed breed moggies

cute kitties with blue eyes

I am not sure, looks like Turkish Vans but Turkish Van cats are mostly white with a little sparkle of color on the tail and head. They are a very active breed that likes to run, play, and jump.