Are the following sentences grammatically correct?

A friend of mine started using a bank card called nubank. Do you use it? I've never used. Do you know if this card is reliable?

A friend of mine started to use a bank card called nubank. Do you use it? I never used. Do you know if this card is trusted?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

'Do you use it?'  'I've never used it.'     You must have 'it' there.

'Reliable' is better than 'trusted'.   But better a total change:  "Do you know if that card is a good one? Have there been any scams?"

• 4 weeks ago

Here is a list of verbs which can be followed either by a present participle or a  " to " -infinitive without greatly altering the meaning.

start, try, prefer, love, like, hate, fear, cease, continue, deserve, attempt, begin, bother etc.

Going by the above rule, both sentences appear correct.

Source(s): Collins CO build..... English Grammar. Page 188
  • 4 weeks ago

Neither are correct:

As already mentioned, "used it" is required. Capitalize the name of the card as it is a proper noun. Also the text may benefit from being put in a different order:  "A friend of mine started using a bank card called Nubank. I've never used it, and am wondering if you might have? If so, did you find it to be reliable?"

• 4 weeks ago

Correct version: 

A friend of mine started using a bank card called nubank. Do you use it? I've never used it. Do you know if this card is reliable?A friend of mine started to use a bank card called nubank. Do you use it? I never used it. Do you know if this card is trusted?

There should be an it after the used 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.