Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

I married a illegal immigrant and now need to end the marriage ?

To be honest, I committed a fraud marriage to help my husband get his citizenship. We did not do one single thing to actually continue this process. All we did was get married. We made a deal where I would get housing and food in return for me to marry him. I was desperate and in really hard times and said yes mostly because I really needed a place to stay and they were the last place I had to go.  Months in, I learned his family was crazy and super toxic. I had enough and left the house. Now I’m in this marriage and want to end it so I can continue my life. What should I do next ? 

If you never slept with him you can get the marriage annulled which makes it like you never got married.  If you did sleep with him then the marriage is consummated and you have to go through regular divorce proceedings.

• david

Turn yourself into the federal authorities for committing fraud. 

Talk to a lawyer, but leave out the other stuff. You couldn't find an American guy who would do that for you for some sex?

• walk  out  with  only  the  clothing  on  your  back … it's  what  you  deserve … and  what  you  got  coming  to  you,  troll.

I'd simply grab whatever assets of his and yours you can and walk out with no advance notice. Once out, file for divorce and notify immigration authorities that he's in his country because of a fraudulent marriage that's now over. And do it as soon as possible because once Biden is elected they probably won't deport him.

• edward

Do what one of my friends did.  Go to the Philippines embassy and beg them to revoke your visa.  Or wherever you are from.  My friend does this kind of thing like a pro.  He gets paid to get married he’s been married like 5 times in the past 8 years.  To young girls looking for citizenship.  They appear to be a happily married couple, the split is always amicable and quick.  And then he gets married again. 

Divorce requires a year wait and a fee.

You can separate and cut off all ties with them. 

Dont go around telling people what you did because it is illegal I think to marry in an illegal. 

Just find your own place or kick him out. 

Find out the laws where you live. In some places you can have an annulment if you did not consummate the marriage (have sex). 

In most places these days you can seek divorce without having to prove fault.  There are still a few places where you need to prove some type of fault in your partner.  So check with a lawyer in your area.

• CB

File for divorce/legal separation (depending where you live).