I made a random sugar test using blood test home kits and showed 209?

Hello everyone I made a random sugar test using a friends sugar test device and it showed 209

Im 26 yo weighing 60kg 

Does that mean i am diabetic?

Favorite Answer

No idea, since I didn't watch you when you tested. We're you hands clean? Soap and water, not rinsed and dried.

Was the glucose meter calibrated, using the testing fluid? 

Were the test strips expired? Stored properly? 

How long before eating did you test? And how soon after eating did you test? 

Random testing on someone elses testing equipment, does not tell you anything. And if not testing fasting, and or after a meal yo follow the spike ip, and hopefully back down to normal, all you have is an interesting experiment. 

So if worried at all, you will need to have a proper fasting glucose test, followed up by whatever other testing your doctor orders, to confirm his diagnosis from your blood work. 

But for what it's worth, for me, as a type 2 diabetic, if I got a random bg test of 209, I would rewash my hands, and retest. Why? Currently I don't go that high, even after eating meals that are mostly carbs. I also would never use testing equipment that's wasn't mine. 

• k w

Dunno, but you need to read [ sugar blues ] by quantum balancing, you'll really be shocked......just do a search....