Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Am I dumb?

A couple days ago I was driving with my father, and I said "it's amazing how the gasoline powers everything in this car, the lights, the radio" but almost immediately I was doubting myself and remembering about the battery, Does this mean im dumb? do you ever try and make idiot points about things you don't really know, and get it completely wrong once in a while?

We are hardwired into thinking that we can collaborate by putting in an opinion that matters. But alas we have found out that we are not always aware of the subconscious and conscious knowledge that we have. For instance I overheard today that political views can be influential but if I grew up with a family with strict moral and spiritual convictions its very hard for "me" to accept the bologny some theologicians or idealists cling to. Nevermind who is the hearsay target so and so said this or thinks that. When all comes down to everything one must keep probing I was taught that back in my young childhood years and well into high school, its not always who you know that knows its what you practice and preach with conviction with the right tools. Even the bible warns us, "we have a battle not only in conscience and flesh but against all spiritual forces" meaning there is so much we may not understand and comprehend or be able to deal with unless we have Gods mercy and holy spirit. When we depend on others we are proving how vulnerable we are. We need to step up and change the game plan. Read more and remain calm when there is chaotic structure. Our will remains dormant when we think we will be okay, if we are comfortable in our skin rather than being more alert to awareness. But don't worry you should never be anxious over the future, as God says to us because each day comes with its adversities. Learn to embrace challenges with dignity and find peace and joy in your life by learning and being empathetic towards yourself and other people you care about. A little bit of humor goes a long way. :)

you're not dumb.

you certainly don't sound it to me.

no your not dumb but trump sure is

• Carmen

Anyone who has the ability to think or comprehend and explain things as you did is not dumb as mentioned. That’s basically a unsophisticated word used out of concept to often. We are all born with a measure of intelligence and shouldn’t compare ourselves with others. We all imperfect and day and do things without thinking because we are human. 

When the car is running properly, the alternator recharges the battery.  So you were actually correct.  The battery is in the circuit, but the alternator is doing the work and it gets its power from the running engine - which means gasoline (indirectly) charged it too.

• Chanel

No, you are not dumb. You just forgot to mention the battery.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Forget about it.

Best of luck

No,it just means you say things without thinking.

In this case you are correct in your amazement. If the alternator would stop being spun by the engine, the battery would continue powering the car for 5-10 minutes, before grinding to a halt. So the battery is also charged by the gasoline powered engine and can be considered a piggy back rider to the automobile's energy system. 

Keep in mind it is dumb people who never doubt themselves and what they say and do. So your're good. 

cars have alternators that charge the battery.

so you were correct.

it doesn't mean you're dumb it just means you made a mistake or lost focus. Everyone has these issues