lewis asked in HealthOptical · 1 month ago

getting glasses?

hey my name lewis and im 13 years old and i need glasses and im not sure what glasses ar trendy to get this is the style of glasses i was thinking of getting but im not sure now https://www.specsavers.co.uk/glasses/kids-90?sku=3... any help or suggestions would be welcome thank you.

• Tavy

Kids in the UK are wearing mostly black glasses not thin wire ones.

Most of the time, you can try them on when you go to your doctor and see what frames flatter your face. For instance, I cannot wear the kind you linked, as my face is more round/oval, so I wear rectangular frames that suit my face. If this is your first time ever wearing glasses all the time, you should go to a shop and try some on. I have been wearing glasses for almost 30 years and know what I like, and that could take some time for you. When I was younger, I had glasses with the nose pads and grew to hate them. I prefer them without, but that's just me, and my nose is big enough to support the frames without them slipping. Many people swear by glasses with nose pads. 

Classic black or tortoise shell frames are always in style. It also depends on your mom's pocketbook and how much she can spend on the frames, too. But you're still young, so you can try some things out before deciding what you really like. They should NOT be tight, should fit comfortably around your ears and the bridge of your nose, and you can also do what I call the "head test" when you finally get a pair: I will put them on, then bend my body and head over to make sure the glasses STAY on. If they fly off, I will have them make adjustments. If they are too tight, I will have them loosen them up a bit. 

At the end of the day, it's up to you and what YOU like. Some people still rock cat eyes, aviators, small and round...doesn't matter what we think, what matters is the comfort and how much YOU like them. Welcome to the Four-Eyed Club, friend :)