DieErde asked in Society & CultureLanguages Β· 1 month ago

Does this text sound naturally in English?

I remember when, walking in the countryside as a child, I had fun playing with friends. They were a exellent way of passing the time in a happy way.

If it's not, then how would you say it?

Favorite Answer

For a start: "Does this text sound natural in English?"

First line is good.Β  "That was an excellent way of passing the time happily."

Your sentence says that your friends were an excellent way of passing the time. But that'sΒ  not what you mean. You mean that playing with them was an excellent way of passing the time happily.

I remember having fun playing with friends while I was walking in the countryside as a child. It was an excellent way of passing the time happily.

Does it sound NATURAL (adjective, not adverb)?

I remember when, walking in the countryside as a child, I had fun playing with friends.

"They" aren't "a way."

• Actually no. So let me rewrite in a way I think is more natural.

I remember when I used to walk in the countryside as a child, I had fun playing with friends. They were an excellent way of passing time in a happy way.

excellent sounds unfitting