Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Im all alone with no one 😢, is this ok?

Is it sad I have no family or friends to look forward to visit once covid settles down? I only see those in stores and coworkers who are cliquey & ignore me. I am all alone.

Am not a teen girl!!!!!

Am female over 30

Wow Brianna, your point is? Make the question about you??🙄. 

I know Noone like me.

No one

Can anyone give an actual answer?

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but you seem sad about it. I don't know exactly what to tell you but I can at least tell you things people have said is helpful. 

The best self-help book - see the video.

The daughter of the man who wrote that book, Donna Carnegie, has written a version of her father's classic "For Teen Girls."

Good way to meet people - be a joiner. For example, if you can find a volunteer job that suits you it can be a real win-win - a sense of achievement, contacts with people, a chance to make friends. Sources - craigslist, volunteer match, yahoo local, google, local papers, volunteer tips lists, tips for teenagers.

How about a pet? This helps a lot of people. Not necessarily a dog. You might be a hamster person.

In some ways, radio and TV can help a little. Psychologists say that shows with real conversations are better for lonely people than fiction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgAIJw45hLw

Youtube thumbnail

If you think you might be depressed, there's a lot of things that can help, and an advantage to having a professional who knows how to use them. I couldn't say exactly what kind of help you'd need but there are healthy lifestyle things that can help with all kinds of depression.

I've answered a lot of depression questions, with advice from experts about standard treatments and self-help methods, which can enhance the effects of standard methods. Just click on my name and read if you like.

maybe someday you'll get more friends