Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

What makes the god you believe the true god? Why do you think your god is the one? ?

One the biggest reasons why I don't believe in any god and am agnostic atheist. 

Because Crom has no use for the prayers of petty humans.

Unlike the gods of weaklings, who are weak Narcissistic gods desiring Of adoration to validate their lack of any real power, Crom breaths strength into us at birth and if you pray to Crom it is an annoyance to him. If he intervened on your prayers it will no doubt be to punish you for bothering him with your petty selfish prayers.

One true God. I just have faith he is. Jesus came from God so he could leave us the Holy Ghost, to comfort us. All three is one. The Father, Son and Holy Ghost. One God. Jesus is the Father in Heaven who came down as his Son on Earth to give us faith so we may return to the Father in Heaven by the Holy Ghost. 

For me this is the one and only.

I believe that every religion has their own realm and no deity is the true one. All of them are true. Fair right?

I know the One True God is the true god, because I can feel God's Noodly Appendages Touching my Heart!  Ramen!

Because it is THEIR god.

If they did not think that their god was the real one, then they would believe in a different god.

"Over half the earth's inhabitants believe in the One God"

Oh boy, someone thinks there are less than 5 billion people on the planet.

This is what Religion does to you, it rots the brain.

• Paul

The fact that He exists, which immediately separates Him from all imaginary manmade "gods". Which He demonstrated 2,000 years ago by coming to Earth in human form, and demonstrating who He was, by constantly doing things only God could do.

They're all names for the single God who exists.  Not everyone realises that God is responsible for thunder, love and crops, so they use different names.

God will be found true, though every man be found a liar. He does not require our belief to exist, or for us to 'defend' Him. There can only be one Almighty God (simple logic) and the One who created the heavenly, angelic realm plus this material universal realm is more Almighty than my tiny brain can cope with. But this One sent His Son into our world to save us and has revealed His dealings also in written form. The two combine in harmony. Then there's the awesome glory of the work of His hands - this universe and this bursting-to-the-seams-with-beautiful-inter-dependent-life. All three combine to point to One, Almighty God.

He's not 'my' God. I am His creature, and beloved because of the Son of God who so loved me, He died for me, and arose. None of that will convince so. Only God can open your eyes, but if you don't want them opened... He'll leave you to it, because He doesn't need anybody's confirmation of anything, being the Almighty.

• ?

Because there is only one true and living God.