Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareOther - Hardware · 1 month ago

Is my temps okay for my CPU?

My fans are set to quite mode in icue, and when i run fifa 21 at 2k on ultra settings. I get between 70 to 75c temp for my CPU. Which is a i9 9900ks paired with a h115i platinum. When i set the fans to extreme, which doesn't increase the noise much for some reason. My CPU is between 58 and 65c then. My question is someone told me that from playing on the 75c occasionally. My cpu lifespan has been massively shortened and will die soon, is this true? or will it be okay?

Nope modern Intel CPU's don't even start throttling until they get up to around 90-95C and won't go into thermal shutdown until they're around 100C.   70C-75C under gaming is fairly typical. Your CPU is fine.

thats fine before i water cooled my AMD CPU it was running 80-90 now i am down to 40

try and clean your heat sink

Your cpu temp is at high level range, playing resource hungry games results such surge in temperature. But that a normal scenario for gamers, you can add water cooling kit with your cpu, it costs couple of hundred dollors but will increase performance and life of your cpu

Nothing to worry about, the i9 is a gaming grade CPU, and therefore, very power hungry, 70 to 75ºC on more intensive and demanding games is normal for an i9.

75C on an i9 isn't anything to worry about. The i9 is a very power hungry CPU that needs a powerful cooler. The maximum temperature for this CPU is 100C which is when it would likely shut down to avoid damage.

For a CPU like this keeping it below 80C is good, but even getting up into the low 90s isn't impossible on heavy loads but probably shouldn't be done for long periods.

Anything over 60C, will degrade the CPU, and cause it to ultimately fail!

your cpu will be fine with 75 degree working temp

Should be alright , CPUs can run hotter then they could a few years ago.

CPUs rarely break down and stop working as well.