Matt
Lv 6
Matt asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

GOP appointed to the SCOTUS days from an election having blocked Dems from doing so months from an election, so now  Dems can pack the Court?

When they flip the Senate and take the WH?

Update:

Karma is a b*tch

Update 2:

@John: There is no upper limit to the number of Justices on the Supreme Court. Dems could appoint 5,000 liberal judges if they wanted to...

Update 3:

@Huck_IIE: The GOP are hypocrites

Update 4:

@John: The Supreme Court doesn’t get a vote on new appointments, it’s the US Senate that votes...

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I'm sure everyone  is aware of the FIFTEEN times a President nominated a Justice to the Supreme Court in an election year, right? But "facts don't matter" they say so proudly and ignorantly they say. There motto is: "If we can't win, we'll just keep changing the rules until we do." Maggots.

• TB12
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I don't think they'll do that,, Trump has assured there won't be another Republican president for at least twelve years, possibly sixteen,,, during that time five current justices will be replaced.

The GOP shot themselves in the foot, this will come back to haunt them.

• John
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

SCOTUS will rule that unconstitutional. Democrats are ******. Dear Matt, Stacking The Court greatly reduces the power of the nine Justices and nobody wants their power reduced, human nature. Dearest Matt, I'm changing topic for now, I'll haunt USMB.

• 1 month ago

Like my liberal neighbor cares.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.