jobn asked in PetsCats · 4 weeks ago

Why is my cat peeing and pooping on the floor at night?

I’m frustrated with this damn cat man.

All of a sudden Theo has been pooping and peeing on the floors at night/early mornings. But uses the litter box any other time of the day. & His litter box is never full. We hate the smell and never let it get past a certain point. 

We moved into a new home 2 months ago, but don’t go off by that one statement. We’ve moved a bunch of times and not once had a problem with him. We even slept in my car, the little box was in the trunk and never went outside of the litter box. He lived with other animals at one point , he still never went outside the litter box.

My girlfriend has a white cat that doesn’t get along with any of the animals. I asked my girlfriend to rehome her cat because she’s simply not happy and clearly prefers to be the only pet in a home but we have three other pets not counting her. Theo hates her because he can’t play with her or see what she’s about so he decides to antagonize her. They get into it. Could he be telling us that he doesn’t want her here?

Theo is a bit chunky so I cut back is food intake. That’s when the pooping and peeing became more consistent. I said “**** that” and returned to feeding him how he’s used to be fed, but it’s still a major problem in the house. Pee in three different spots. Poop near the door. Always. Every time I wake up. 

The only thing I can think of doing is locking him in a cage at night and letting him out in the mornings to eat and use the litter. 

Favorite Answer

I would take him to a vet to rule out any medical problems.

Is he peeing in the same spots every time? Try putting litter boxes there. 

It sounds like it could be stress from the other cat. You can try feliway. It doesn't always work but it does really help in some cases. It may even help Theo and your girlfriends cat get along.

If all else fails you can try locking him in a room at night and he can free roam the house during the day. He cannot be locked in a cage every night.