Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 1 month ago

What's the difference between the permit test, and the written test to get your liscense?

I took my driving test last month and all I have to do is take my written test later today..how exactly is that going to be different from the permit test? Thanks in advance. I can't seem to find this anywhere online

9 Answers

Relevance
  • JOHN B
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Judging by what I see, you may have to request an oral test.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You go to your local DMV and get the "Driver's Training Manual" because you have to study and memorize the entire book.  It has all the answers in it to the questions you are asking.

READ IT.  It is free for you.  The order is Written allows you to practice for the Practical Driving test which if you pass they replace the Permit with a "full Driver's License"

Not on line.  I never trust any info online.

• 1 month ago

You can't find this online because you forgot that there are no international driver licensing laws.  It's all about where you live, which you didn't say.

• May
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

You write:  "I took my driving test last month and all I have to do is take my written test later today".

Where are you in this big world?  In most places, you must take and pass a written test first and THEN take and pass a road (driving) test.  You are saying you did this in reverse order ?

???????????

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ron
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Try again  You take a written knowledge test and if you pass, you get a permit to allow you to practice driving in preparation for your driving test

• 1 month ago

If you want a license, you have to know how to spell license.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

One is written. The other is a driving test. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Tests are different in all 50 state - and other countries.  New drivers often get a Permit such as Learning Permit or Limited Permit (must have an adult in car, etc).  Even Licenses can be conditional, such as Probationary.  Suggest you check the laws where you live.

• Scott
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Are you in the US? We have two tests. A written test to ge the permit and a road test to get the license.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.