Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Did God create Satan, or did Satan already exist?

Please don't respond by telling me he wasn't Satan when he was first made. That's not my question.

Update:

If you assert that God didn't create Satan, but rather the angel who became Satan, you're saying he created Satan.

69 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

According to mythology Lucifer was an angel, created by god, as were all other angels.

• 1 month ago

Religion is man-made bullsheit, and was designed to fool the ignorant out of anything and all that they might have.

• 1 month ago

God created evil for us to know good. Satan was designed to tempt us. We fall for his trap. Only Jesus is able to stop his attempt. We are here to attain the knowledge of good and evil. Choose wisely.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

At our weekly Athiest meeting, Satan unmuted and said that since we are all Athiests, there couldn't have been anything or anyone who created Him.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

In the Jewish tradition, Lucifer (aka Satan) was God's attorney general, a kind of cosmic prosecuting attorney for evil doers. Only when Christianity appeared on the scene did he morph into the "Lord" of evil. Personally, I don't believe in "Satan", but I do know there is evil in the world--just not a personification of it. 

Some scholars believe that the early Christians may have expropriated the idea of a "Satan" from the nearby Zoroastrian religion from Persia which posits a God of Light and a God of Darkness. Hence, "Satan" gets a promotion!!

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

God created Lucifer, a magnificent angel of light ("Lucifer" means "bearer of light"), along with many other angels. Lucifer led a rebellion against God, which involved some of the other angels as well. These angels were cast out of Heaven forever, becoming demons. So yes, God created the angel who became Satan, just as He created the humans who choose to follow Satan to Hell. God created everything that exists.

• 1 month ago

Yes God created Satan; Satan is also God's son.

• 1 month ago

Satan was created, like all the angels were.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

God didn't create Satan.  He started out as an angel.

Anonymous #1 -- Are you brain dead?  Mary consented.

• Satan was an angel in heaven before becoming Satan the devil. The Bible clearly shows that pride became the angel's downfall that became Satan. Many other angels joined in this fallen angel's rebellion and became demons.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.