Will I still be able to get my car fixed through my insurance .. when my dad called them in June. ?

I had a wreck June, deers jumped out in front of me. Called my insurance and they were unable to pay for it bc the title wasn’t in my dads name and bc it was a whole mix up with the people we brought it from... here it is now the end of  October and I’m trying to find out will my insurance company still try to fix ? 

I’m only asking here bc the car is in my dads name title/insurance so he can only call. I just want to know if anyone knows?

Updated 6 days ago:

Thank everyone for their answers. No the car wasn’t in my dads name then... but now it is and they still available to fix it. THANKS again... 

Don't expect them to. The accident occurred before the insurance was issued to your dad. Did you take the deer home? Good eats.

How or why did the insurance company issue a policy to your dad when the car wasn't in his name?  Don't expect the insurance company to pay.  No title = no insurance.

• car253

What state do you live in?    Which auto insurance company do you have?

The company insured your dad.   They should be paying.   It is a contact that you pay them the premiums and if there is coverage the insurance company pays you.

I would file a complaint with the Department of Insurance in your state.    But you may have to contact the DMV to get the title straigtened out and put in your dad's name. 

Ask the claim adjustor. 

Source(s): Insurance Agent. http://www.insurance.ca.gov/

If the car wasn't in Dad's name, Dad can't claim compensation for damage to the car.  Only the legal owner can do that, and the legal owner is the name printed on the title.

If the title isn't in your name, it's not your car either.  Insurance companies don't accept excuses, even if it was a 'whole mix up' with the seller.  Their contract says only the legal owner can claim compensation for loss or damage, and there is only one document that proves who the legal owner is.

• May

If anyone knows what?

First you infer that the car is still in the name of your seller.  Then you say the title and insurance is in your Dad's name.  Which is it?Only the owner of the car claim and receive insurance relief. If the hold up is because of a title "mix up" you don't have much of a chance to be successful with an insurance claim.  Even IF/when the title mix up is solved, I doubt that you would be successful because it has been so long.  Over 5 months?  Why haven't you tried to resolve this before now?  Get off of the internet and speak with your Dad and ask Dad to speak to his insurance company.

1 Deer, 2 deer, 12 deer 1,00,000 deer....There is no plural for "Deer"

Insurance companies write the contract.   If there is any way they can get out of paying,  they will.     If the title was not in your dad's name then he did not own the car.   You can only insure cars you own or rent.    He screwed up.   I doubt you will be able to get it fixed thru insurance because they got you.  

• Bill

The key information is "the title wasn't in my dads name."  If you or your dad did not own the car when the incident happened, they are not going to pay.  If the title was signed over to your dad and he had insurance when it happened, then he makes a claim.  

• Ron

Insurance isn't going to pay squat because neither you nor your dad owned the vehicle. 

No one but your insurance adjuster knows if your claim will be paid.

• Barry

You say 'my insurance company' then you say 'in my dad's name title/insurance. Who is the policy holder? Only they can make a claim. Also if you are not the policy holder were you insured to drive the car? You need to read the policy and recall whether all the questions when applying for the insurance were answered accurately and truthfully. IDK what 'mix up' you referred to. But you need to sort it step by step. Insurers will alway look for errors and omissions when a claim is made. Which is why it's vital that the proposal form is completed honestly and truthfully with nothing left out. Good luck. It sounds like you will need it.