dd asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 weeks ago

Do i have body dysmorphia?

I’m not self diagnosing myself, but i don’t wanna think i’m crazy. i’m a sophomore in high school and i believe i have body dysmorphia. Ever since i was in 5th grade and began gaining weight, I started weighing more than my older sister and i still do til this day, but at the time i only weighed about 2 pounds more than her, and she was about 2-3 inches taller than me. Everyone in my family used to make fun of me bc of it, and the first time i told my dad i weighed more than her, i didn’t think nothing of it bc i didn’t see myself as overweight or obese, but my dad said “you think it’s good that u the weigh more than her, u have to lose weight.” that right there hurt my feelings rlly bad, and it still does every time i think about it bc at the time i was only about 10-11 years old. But that was the day i began being insecure about my body. I then started getting stretch marks and my family including all my siblings used to make fun of me rlly bad, and whenever all of my family got mad at me, they’d come together and start talking about my weight and i  was so fat. This continued up until i was a freshman, but the only person that still talks about my weight is my dad. After all these years i look in the mirror and see myself as obese, i hate taking pictures, i’m always complaining about how i’m so fat, and comparing myself to others, and i get so anxious when people are staring at me. there’s so much more but i don’t have enough space. does this sound like body dysmorphia?

• Andy C

I'm glad you are not self-diagnosing yourself.  

Now, I have to go to the ATM machine quickly before I forget my PIN number. 

You probably do and here is how I erased my 30yo well-managed body dysmorphia: I simply stopped being fat and getting fatter. 

Read the book.   Watch the video.   Ignore all the biochemistry that you don't understand.   Here's the gist: eat ONLY whole foods and drink ONLY water, unsweetened teas and unflavored milk. 

That's not everything,  but it's enough and if it's not and you are like me and demand understanding,  read the book and watch the YouTube video. 

Source(s): "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig, M.D. "Sugar: the Bitter Truth" on YouTube