Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentHealth Care · 1 month ago

Has anyone caught covid while working with covid patients ?

This question is for anyone who works directly with covid patients (specifically health care workers) while wearing your ppe and providing direct care have you contacted covid? I just started my new job at a hospital today and I had to work with covid patients. I wore my n95 mask and another mask on top of the n95 gloves, ppe, gowns, and my face shield. I really need my job but I don’t want to risk my health either. I’m very careful and I always wash and sanitize my hands. I’m a cna been one for six years, I don’t know what to do.

• edward

I work in emergency.  I see them all first.  I’m perfectly fine

In the early days of covid, many medical staff contracted covid and some died.

Most hospitals in the US have NOT had a patient to staff transmission since mid-April.

You have been a CNA for 6 years... how often have you treated patients with the flu and other communicable illnesses?

- if you work in a hospital setting, you have seen young people die of the flu. 

Obviously, Covid is MUCH harder to acquire than the flu.

16,000,000 people needed treatment for the flu in 2018-2019.  That's WITH a vaccine.

More than double the amount of people who have acquired covid...

• Judith

It would seem you don't bother to read or watch the news because many nurses and others who have treated covid patients have died as a result.  In fact there is an article about it on yahoo news today.