Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 1 month ago

I don’t know if I’m in denial or not read description ?

I don’t know if I’m in denial that I got tested positive for herpes 💔😔 it’s HSV2 . I’ve only been with my boyfriend of 1 year and 3 months and he’s only been with me I know when he’s lying and he’s not lying to me. We do literally everything when we get freaky. So how is HSV 1 is negative but HSV 2 is positive. I don’t get it. I’m scared. I swear on my dead brother I’ve never slept around. I’ve never ever slept around with anybody in my relationship. This **** is hurting my relationship. I even told him I can do a polygraph test to prove to him. 💔 If this is true how did it happen ? Like just how? I’m lose the love of my life. My life is over. I’m depressed and ****. Idk what to do

Informational only but some people do not really understand about herpes. Just like this covid19 and any other virus it can have no symptoms. It could have been in your immune for years. I do not know your age but even if you were 13 and began kissing boys it could have been given during that time frame. People do not understand that a simple cold sore can lead to herpes. A person may have gotten over a cold sore and not realize it was herpes and than transmit it to another partner. You may have gotten from a relative who kissed you and didn't tell anyone that they have herpes. Herpes is oral and vaginal. I know it's difficult to accept but once you get it there's not cure. The antiviral medication will decrease the numbers of outbreaks but never cure the virus. A person can clean their genitals all the time but it's in your immune. That's why most do not realize there is a test that can detect if the antigen is in your body. Even if you have no sores or lesions you can still get tested. Not many people know about it.

The tests for HSV-1 and HSV-2 are so inaccurate that most docs don't recommend either test unless the test is based on fluid from an open sore.   If the test is not based on a fluid sample from an open sore the results have the same accuracy as flipping a coin.  So, maybe you have HSV-2 or maybe not. 

• kelvin

sounds more like he is the one sleeping around

• You can have only HSV1 or HSV2, it's possible but not common to get both types of herpes. Your boyfriend should get tested, to see if he has herpes as well. Ask him to get tested since herpes most likely came from him. If he does, he could have contracted it before you got together. Some people can have herpes and not know it if they don't have any signs or symptoms off it. You don't always have to cheat to get herpes. 

I contracted herpes from my husband, neither of us was cheating we work full time so we don't have time for that. My husband loves me, he doesn't want to be with any one else. 

Your boyfriend's been cheating on you.