Y asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 4 weeks ago

Where do most of your recipes come from?

• WOOWHO

taking inventory of what is in the cabinet and fridge and human creativity

For years I learned how to cook different ethnic cuisines like Chinese, Italian, Greek, Mexican, French, Jewish, German and some Middle Eastern. Once I leaned enough recipes and had a lot of experience cooking I no longer use recipes and make up my own with whatever ingredients I buy at the store. I have about 50 Chinese recipes memorized I have cooked them so many times. And once you learn cooking methods and techniques there is no need for recipes but of course if you learn ethnic recipes you notice what herbs and spices they use. The Chines often use ginger and garlic and the Italian recipes have garlic, oregano, basil and various other flavorings sometimes you can add a bay leaf to the sauce. I originally began to watch cooking shows along with my parents before I even did much cooking because the family watched TV together. And my mother taught me a few things about cooking when I asked her because I am a guy and in the old days mothers taught their daughters how to cook but in our family my father liked to cook and my brother also enjoyed cooking. I do have a collection 0f beautiful cookbooks but I used them a lot years ago but no longer need t ouse them. If you enjoy cooking rather than fear it learning is easier but that is true of learning anything so I love learning in general and it is a lifelong enjoyment. My most important learning took place after i graduated from the University. 

• Funnel

Asteroid Ayushutrymyfude

My Mother's side is Danish, Father's side is German, so I get my recipes from the internet, haha.

But, seriously, a collection from this and that, life, family, books.

Better Homes cookbook (the Gold cover was changed a bit from the newer) is like an always go to, and then my Father is actually a career Chef so I call him all the time.

I have a collection of cookbooks in several languages that I use.

• kswck2

I do take some of My recipes from magazines. BUT, I also try them once or twice before I add them to my database. And some of them are just made up-which my wife HATES, since I can rarely duplicate them perfectly.

All my Mom's cookbooks. 

The World Wide Web cookbook.

mostly internet articles tbh.

Many recipes I cook are inspired from my travel to Argentina and Italy. I wanted to continue eating them so I researched them. I also love Chef John from Food Wishes