My husband and i can't agree on our son's name?

We just found out it's a boy and i want to name him Donald but my husband wants to name him Joseph. Please tell me which name you prefer so i can show him the answers.

• L

Either name will work..................or, Donald Joseph or Joseph Donald.

• keerok

Be careful of what you name your kid. It sticks. They tend to take up the meaning of those names or get the character of famous people with similar names. With that in mind, I suggest, Chompoo!

Name him Donald Joseph or Joseph Donald and call him DJ or JD.

Joe Don Triden

Donjo... combine them... it seems like the only solution

Put two or three of your favorite names and write them in three pieces of paper, your husband does the same. Fold the papers and  put them in a paper bag, if you have an older child asking him/her to draw one paper, and the problem is solved.( If you do not an older child, ask a kid in your neighbored, do not ask an adult )

• Moya

Joseph Donald .............

I prefer Joseph, by far. It's a strong, masculine name with a long history. He can use Joe, Joey, Jay or J.D. (if you name him Joseph Donald) as a nickname. And he won't have people teasing him about being named after our worst president.

Source(s): Family member named after another bad president who disliked and was embarrassed by that name.

Although most people will probably disagree, I would no more name my son without meeting him than I would pre name a pet I have yet to adopt.

But, personality does come into play when naming a child, just like when one names a pet. So, here are my choices for you based on the names you and your husband have chosen, Donald and Joseph....

If the child has strawberry blonde hair and is alert call him Donald.

If the child is a bit lethargic and has slow reflexes, name him Joseph.

Or perhaps you can wait until the Presidential election is over and choose the name of our new President.

Lol, this question did not go over my head!

Edit...come on people, how is one to react, other than humor, to a troll post. Lololol

• Rick

split the difference, Donald Joseph .........................