Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesFord · 3 months ago

How to parallel park a Ford Fiesta?

Any tips on how to park this small car?

I've only been driving since middle of October. I can't seem to do it properly and I'm struggling. 

Any tips that could help me?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Pull up alongside the parking space, get out, and flip the car over into the space.

• 3 months ago

If you have only been driving a few weeks,  you need to give your self a break. 

Go out early in the morning to some quite streets and practice.   Maybe do it with just one car and none parked behind it to get the idea and then try doing it between cars. 

• F
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Drive at full speed until level with the space, turn steering to full lock and pull the handbrake at the same time. 

Wait for applause.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Run the pos off a cliff

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Same way you park any car. Pull up beside the car you want to park behind, and one metre away from it, with your back wheels beside the back bumper of that car.  Crank the wheel to turn the back end of your car towards the curb, watch the wing mirror on your side and keep going until you can see both headlights of the car behind you. Then start turning the wheel in the opposite direction until you are close enough to the curb (and have not hit the car behind), then turn the wheel towards the curb again and pull forward to straighten out the car.   You can park a Fiesta that way, or a school bus.

Try youtube for videos on how to do it. I'm describing how they taught it on Canada's Worst Driver.

• 3 months ago

Get some cones or cardboard boxes and set them up in a large empty parking lot - the practice parallel parking between them.

That car is super-easy to parallel park because it already small, and has a really short turning radius.  Start by going past the space you want to parallel park in, put it in reverse, turn the steering wheel almost all the way in the direction of the space so that when you start to roll backwards the back of the car will start to enter the space, then slowly start to straighten the wheel out and the front end will end up in the space as well.

Sometimes in really tight spots you have to go back and forth a few times to wiggle it into place - practicing in a large empty parking lot will make you get more comfortable.  What most people mess up is that they will keep cutting the wheel the wrong way as the roll forward and backwards - cancelling out their movements instead of making progress into the space.

Watch some youtube videos for examples.

• CB
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Search google there are ton's of videos and tips on how to parallel park. Then practice what your learn using cones or plastic trash cans to mimic cars bumpers

• ?
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

It's the same as parallel parking anything else.  Do it by the book and it'll work every time.  It doesn't feel right but it is.  Backing up works.  Parallel parking while moving forward only works if you have two spaces and you want the front one.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.