Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 4 weeks ago

I have a friend, whom was disowned by their family what should I do to help them.?

They now blacklist them from work, they have scared her friends from even spending time with them, and they won't let this friend get medical attention they need and get medicine they need. They let their siblings create all sorts of heck. They have tried to reconcile with the family, they basically replaced them with the in - laws, stole and sold her clothes to her classmates and jewelry at auction. I wondered what I can do or what they should do to get help. 

7 Answers

  • Willie
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

    Let your friend forget about them and tell him not to attend their funerals even if it's their parents.

  • Carmen
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

    Pray for them all and try to keep a calm heart and peace of mind yourself time heals somethings and other things might need different kind of help physically mentally emotionally or medically. Just keep trying to be a friend and a good listener. 

  • Raja
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    Is your friend a male / female .Major / minor .Married/Single . In the absences of these important points one will not be able to tell you how to help. 

  • 4 weeks ago

    I got lost with all the they's, their's, them's.  Is this girl out of the house & has no place to go?  What is her living status?  Is she still in school?  What about the covid virus, is she safe?  So many more questions, I don't know what to tell you.  Stick close, she needs a friend, do what you can to help her but don't allow her to be a leach hanging on for dear life.  Try to get her up on her own two feet & try to find the cause of why the family is doing this.  There may be things you don't know yet.  Is her family justified?  Is she a problem child?  Why did all turn against her?  Do what you can but don't make it your responsibility.  There are places for young girls like her that can help her.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

    If underage, go to the cops. If over 18, go to the hospital as an "indigent" (unemployed, no money, nothing" to address the medical need and then take a bus out of town to anywhere and carve out their own life. You don't have to be a teenager to run away. Plenty of adults do it too. 

  • T J
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

    If underage, cps needs to be contacted. Over the age, she can ave them arrested for selling her things

  • 4 weeks ago

    If she's legally an adult then she has the right to completely shut the family out of her life. If she's not legally an adult then this is all the telltale signs of neglect and abuse. In which case it is a crime. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.