Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 4 weeks ago

I found a 75 year old Nickle, did I hit the jackpot?

I was about to use it to pay for something but noticed it was old. When I checked closely it said 1945!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

You're looking at a Nickle that had no Nickle in it. Other alloys were used due to Nickle being needed for the war effort. It does, however, contain silver which does make it a little more valuable. There will also be a large D, P, or S visible on the reverse side which will signify where it was made. As to its value, you're looking at a range from a ittle over $1 to several dollars, depending on the condition and mintmark. As you found it in circulation, I'd say less than $2.00.

• Rick
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

In the world of rare coins, 1945 doesn`t mean a thing.  Depends on the rarity of the issue and it`s condition.  It`s most likely worth about a dollar or two.  See for yourself by looking it up on Ebay and see what they are selling for.

• 4 weeks ago

It is probably worth between $1.00 and $10..00. A 75 year old coin is not uncommon.

There were a few 1945 error nickels, where the mint made a mistake when producing the coin. If you happen to have one of those it could be worth hundreds or even thousands of dollars, but the odds that your coin is one of them are extremely low.

• Amy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

It contains about a dollar's worth of silver, but a collector might pay more than that if it's in very good condition.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Scott
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No, you found a nickel. No, you did not hit the jackpot. Don't quit your day job.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

do not feed the repeat troll.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It contains silver so it's worth $1.50 at least.

• James
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Is it even a buffalo nickel? It would have to be in immaculate condition to be worth money and if you just found it in the coins you had laying around it won't be. Usually the only coins worth much money are the uncirculated coins that are taken care of

• Judy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

it's worth 5 cents.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.