How to built a home in area that is only 20 feet long front and 14 feet width ? i need a good architect advice.?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I do not understand "20 feet long front" (most people call that the WIDTH of the property; but then you say width is 14 feet.  First, are you allowed to build??  {some ordinances require setbacks from the property lines on every side.} Sounds like there is no room for a septic tank field, so city sewer must be available. After that, investigate a "tiny home" or a single wide mobile home.

• 2 weeks ago

The floor area is 7 metres long by 3.5 metres wide. A 22 square metres area. This is the size of a shipping container. Buy a modular or kit house.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

A basement and two floors? 

Which country are you located in? 

There are building codes (laws) that may allow or prevent this.

• garry
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

no as long as you know how to construct it strong enough and to council approval . you do  know the standards dont you .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Then your best bet is to hire an architect who is familiar with what the zoning regulations say may be built on that lot. You can't really expect to find useful detailed advice on that on yahoo answers.

• 1 month ago

FIRST you need to check your local building codes. That sounds like it will be FAR too small to get a building permit for anything. I don't know of any place that would allow you to build a home on a lot that small. 

• Edwena
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The easy thing to do is look at manufactured houses.  They come in many shapes and sizes, quality and costs.    I would put the cost of an architect instead into the cost of the manufactured home.  You can buy an old trailer house for the cost of moving it, if you shop around.   And you can move it for the cost of the architect.  Finally, I do not think you can find a "good" architect who would work on your house, unless you have some special need and money to do the job.   Finally, you have to have the skill and the money to have the project done.  Like to tell the architect what you want so he can design what you want.  You could start by furnishing a better question.  For example you have two specific dimensions, but do you want a back door?   Considering the length of the wall, that second door is important.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If you need good architect advice, hire a good architect.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Get a 20ft x 14 ft shipping container (or two) and you are all set. Some places will splice together standard SCs to your requirements.

• gerald
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You need a tent 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.