Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 1 month ago

In bank, the staff can see  your cards' detail when you talk to them, they can see your account info, so can they steal your money?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Can ? - sure; but why would they give up their steady job (and freedom !!)  and future retirement just to steal a gew bucks from you ??

• 1 month ago

Yes, I can view customer account information.

NO, I can't even find out if Mickey Mouse is a customer without creating records showing I am the person that accessed the records. Any transactions I initiate can be traced directly to me in less time than it takes for you to say you didn't authorize the transaction. If I steal from a customer, and the bank doesn't not only fire me, but refer the case for criminal charges, State and Federal regulators will impose punishments far in excess of the value of your account.

Source(s): 20 year bank employee
  • fcas80
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Bank staff have acess to your financial information.  If they didn't, you would never be able to cash a check.  However, banks make it very difficult for staff to steal your money.  For one thing, they are always on camera.

• 1 month ago

Banks have strict internal controls.  While they have access to all your information, they cannot do anything with it without the real chance of being caught.  That means loss of job, a destroyed career, and possible jail time.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Stop worrying about it.  They are bonded and the bank is insured. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Probably. But their fingerprints would be all over it, they would be caught and fired and maybe jailed.

And they don't see your cards code on the back.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Technically yes, but bank employees are closely monitored, and anyone who did this would be immediately fired, made to return the money, and face legal action. Your bank account isnt worth risking their career over

• Barry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Even if they were dishonest, which is very unlikely, they would be stealing the bank's money not yours, The bank would reimburse you as soon as the crime was discovered.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.