Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Can we trust gotquestions.com to answer all of our questions about the bible?

Favorite Answer

I am fairly certain that gotquestions.com never intended to exhaustively answer all question about the Bible.

That site makes up stories to smooth over the nonsensical parts of the Bible.  Only the terminally gullible believe them.

• I trust only in God, in believing what is written on the Holy Bible, and if there is something that I do not understand, I will pray to God to make me understand it well, I will pass through his Holy Spirit that biblical story.

• Wundt

The ability to answer a question doesn't mean that the answer is correct.  Gotanswers begins with a presupposition that the Bible is true.  Any time an answer is given based on unsupported assumptions (and there is no evidence or valid reasoning to accept the BIble as true) we should question its accuracy.

If you have put your trust in Jesus, that gives you the right to boldly enter into the courts of heaven - as God's dearly beloved child - and ask anything.

This needs to be your first 'go-to' whenever you have questions.

Then, if you don't hear an audible response, you will be led (in no time) to the answers you seek. As iron sharpens iron, God uses His people to encourage and share wisdom... but we only have one teacher.... the Lord Himself.... 

If what you are hearing does not correspond to sacred Scripture, then it is false. Read the Bible every day... one book at a time.... slowly... meditate on the words so that they become a part of you. Fill yourself up with truth so you can spot a lie a mile away... 

It is written "God will lead you into all truth." 

LEAD YOU.... as in... the truth that is in the Bible isn't all there is... The Bible was written for a certain people at a certain time in history. We can learn from it, but it is not our God; God is our God. The Bible is the best reference we have to when our God walked on the planet, physically, as a man. But our journey with Him doesn't stop there. He leads us into all righteousness, for His name's sake. And yes, sometimes He does that through the fingertips of those writing for Him on forums all over the world.

It's biased but still is far more accurate than the jehovah's witnesses cult site.

Nothing on that train wreck  is accurate at all.

• After Holy Spirit baptism  (Acts 1:5;8) by Whom (John 1:33) we "join to His Spirit" (I Corinthians 6:17); Our internet is GOD when seeking answers to questions (James 4:3-10) Who "reveals by His Spirit" (I Corinthians 2:10)!

After all, Jesus promised "revelation is what His Church was going to be built upon" (Matthew 16:17-18)!

Not ALL, no site can answer all questions.  But that site has a lot of good answers to many questions.