The Crimson Petal and the White? ?

So I’m 150 pages in or so

Love so much about this book.

I just wish it focused more on Sugar - I don’t enjoy the male POVS that much 

Just wondering if the story starts to focus more on Sugar? She’s supposed to be the main character but has the least time in the book so far? 

If anyone has read please let me know - just looking for encouragement to read on, basically haha 

Think of it more like a tour of a London you didn't know rather than a book about Sugar or you'll find yourself fighting with the book because you're going to be meeting A LOT more characters along the way.  You need the male POV to fully understand  how constrained Sugar is by the world she lives in. The reader can see her inner life but she cannot make herself truly seen to the male characters nor can any other female characters.  That's kind of the point.

I read it years ago and I'm not sure I remember it well enough to answer, but I really liked it. The roles of women in positions lacking power was eye-opening, yes?

But if I'm not mistaken, the focus stays about the same throughout, although what you think of the male lead changes.