Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 4 weeks ago

Can they take your footwear in a bankruptcy?

Update:

How would a liquidation deal with a guy who wants to walk away in Tony Lama boots or game worn Jordan shoes? Just asking out of curiosity, no need to jump down my throat. 

Update 2:

I am just asking because I once heard of bankruptcy where the bankrupt person was in theory to keep their washer and dryer. The repo man left a washer, as in a washer for a bolt, and an electric hair dryer and left with the actual washer and dryer. 

Update 3:

I think what happened with the washer and dryer was that the creditor felt the debtor was not acting in good faith, so they sent a bailiff they knew would play this game. 

Update 4:

We are talking about a big time debtor here, not a rent to own patron. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Your personal footwear (clothing) is exempt.  However, if you have a collection of footwear worth material dollars, that would be subject to the bankruptcy and probable liquidation.

• 4 weeks ago

no

and the washer and dryer were not taken in bankruptcy either,,, most like it was like a rent to own who had a note separate from bankruptcy and they were taken because no payment

• Rick
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Not unless they`re worth one hell of a lot of money.  Even then, how would they even know about it?

• Barry
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Only if they are gold plated.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

What the hell is wrong with you?

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

They can in theory but it would be a useless endeavor. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.