Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 4 weeks ago

Can they take your footwear in a bankruptcy?

How would a liquidation deal with a guy who wants to walk away in Tony Lama boots or game worn Jordan shoes? Just asking out of curiosity, no need to jump down my throat. 

I am just asking because I once heard of bankruptcy where the bankrupt person was in theory to keep their washer and dryer. The repo man left a washer, as in a washer for a bolt, and an electric hair dryer and left with the actual washer and dryer. 

I think what happened with the washer and dryer was that the creditor felt the debtor was not acting in good faith, so they sent a bailiff they knew would play this game. 

We are talking about a big time debtor here, not a rent to own patron. 

Favorite Answer

Your personal footwear (clothing) is exempt.  However, if you have a collection of footwear worth material dollars, that would be subject to the bankruptcy and probable liquidation.

no

and the washer and dryer were not taken in bankruptcy either,,, most like it was like a rent to own who had a note separate from bankruptcy and they were taken because no payment

• Rick

Not unless they`re worth one hell of a lot of money.  Even then, how would they even know about it?

• Barry

Only if they are gold plated.

What the hell is wrong with you?

They can in theory but it would be a useless endeavor.