What is the best state to live in financially?

I'm looking to buy a trailer (or maybe even build a small home) and a lot (few acres) of land, move there and have enough space to grow a few fruit trees and a bunch of vegetable bushes, as well as have some animals to kill and eat. My question is, what is the best state to do something like this in? A state I won't have to pay out the *** for property taxes, a decent state to live in that doesn't financially **** you like New York or California. Looking for a place that's more southern based with mild or no winter, I can't stand the cold. Basically, I'm cheap and good with money, and I don't want more expenses every month than needed, and I want to rely on myself, not the government or stores for anything. Thanks!

I'm a writer, I don't go to a physical job.

bliss, or ignorance; take your choice (considering you cannot do your own research)

What state to choose is really personal preference.  I just wanted to interject that where ever you choose to live that you need to check the zoning laws. Many areas do not allow tiny homes and many do not allow living in a trailer full time even on your own land. 

Your first priority should be where can you find work.