Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 month ago

Wireless keyboard not working on laptop?

I bought a wireless keyboard to use with my laptop. I put the batteries in, and the LED indicator turned on instantly, which means the keyboard itself is working. I plugged in the USB receiver into my laptop, windows recognized it, installed the drivers and it's shown in the device manager but it's not working. I can't type anything anywhere. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you. 

did it come with software?  or a link to software?  might be that the Windows autodetected software isn't the correct driver for this.  did you reboot?  sometimes Windows needs that to detect the new hardware and disable the old ...

• David

With no details of the wireless keyboard - make and model an unanswerable question. Go to the manufacturers website and see if there is a troubleshooting guide or some setup software that might allow you to re-pair the dongle and keyboard, or see if they have a contact centre where they can help you.