Lily asked in HealthDental · 4 weeks ago

Could this be a cavity or something worse like an abcessed tooth? ?

I’m going to the dentist in a few days but just in the meantime I’m really paranoid and want to see if anyone could help. For the past week my bottom molar has been sensitive to hot/cold liquids and foods. And it has been painful. I looked at the tooth and on front of it it looks like there is a small fracture, and right in the middle of the fracture is a small black spot. I’m not sure if this is a cavity, fracture or a combination of both. What really worried me is when I pulled back my cheek far to look at the tooth, it sent a jolt of pain to my tooth. When I searched that online, all I saw were articles on abcessed teeth. What does this sound like to you? 

• kelvin

none of what you mentioned

Abscessed teeth really ache horribly and the pain can pulsate; your sharp pain is more indicative of a cavity allowing access to the nerve.  The gum usually swells up too if you have an abscess..